PlasDECK Boat Decking: Made in the U.S.A.
We are proud to say that PlasDECK synthetic teak decking is the only synthetic teak decking that’s made in the USA.
All of our PlasTEAK recycled plastic lumber and furniture are made in the USA as well. We believe in the quality of U.S. products, the strength of American manufacturing capabilities, and the importance of helping our nation’s economy by providing jobs for U.S. workers. According to buyUSAproducts.org, “There are 293 million people living in the United States. If each one would shift $20 a month in spending from foreign made products to American made products, that would create five million new jobs.”
Top Ten Reasons to Buy USA Made Products:
10. Foreign labor standards allow unsafe worker conditions in many countries. When you buy American you support not only American manufacturers but also American workers, safe working conditions, and child labor laws.
9. Jobs shipped abroad almost never return. When you buy goods made in the USA, you help keep the American economy growing.
8. US manufacturing processes are much cleaner for the environment than many other countries; many brands sold here are produced in countries using dangerous, heavily polluting processes. When you purchase American-made product, you know that you’re helping to keep the world a little cleaner for your children.
7. Many countries have no minimum wage restrictions, or the minimum wage is outrageously low. When you choose products made in the USA, you contribute to the payment of an honest day’s wages for an honest day’s work.
6. The growing lack of USA ability to manufacture many products is strategically unsound. When you seek out American-made goods, you foster American independence.
5. The huge US trade deficit leads to massive, unsustainable borrowing from other countries. Debt isn’t good for you and it isn’t good for America.
4. Foreign product safety standards are low. For example, poisonous levels of lead are in tens of millions of toys shipped to the USA. When you buy toys and other goods made in the USA, you can be confident that American consumer protection laws and safety standards are in place to protect your family.
3. Lack of minimum wage, worker safety, or environmental pollution controls in many countries undermines the concept of “fair and free trade”. No Western nation can ultimately compete on price with a country willing to massively exploit and pollute its own people. When you buy only American-made products, you insist on a higher standard.
2. Factories and money are shifting to countries not friendly to the USA or democracy. When you avoid imported goods in favor of American-made items, you help ensure that the United States doesn’t find its access to vital goods impacted by political conflict.
1. As the US manufacturing ability fades, future generations of US citizens will be unable to find relevant jobs. Buy American and help keep your friends and neighbors-and even yourself-earning a living wage.
(By Todd Lipscomb, founder of MadeinUSAForever.com)